Wednesday, April 24, 2013

An Open Letter To @kevinmd

I think this needs to be said. 

I have been writing a long time.  I have been blogging since 2005.  In all this time, I've learned much about social media. 

There is a problem with content.  No matter how important it is, and how good you are at creating it, it all means nothing if you can't find your readers. 

Content comes first, then amplification.

There are many amplifiers out there: Twitter, Facebook, etc. I have tried, succeeded, and failed at using many of them.  But by far, the most effective amplifier in the health care social media world is Kevin Pho and his awe inspiring website kevinmd.com.

I have been reading Kevin since my earliest dipping of toes in Internet based self expression.  I have watched his site morph from a personal blog to an open forum for today's opinion leaders to express their latest insights.  Never, I repeat never, has the information been stale or dated. 

Over the years, I have been lucky enough to have Kevin pick up and publish a number of my blog posts.  The opportunities afforded me through his attention have lead to media interviews, publications in major periodicals, and invitations to speak in exotic places (and get paid for it).

As his website proclaims, he truly is "Social media's leading physician voice".  He also appears to be a kind, down to earth, stand up sort of guy.

Kevin, you have paved the way for many of us in the heath care social media universe.  You continue to deliver day after day, year after year.

From the bottom of my heart,

Thank You!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a regular contributor to Kevin's incredible website, I completely agree!

Emily Gibson M.D.